I am a fifth-year PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois, at Urbana Champaign . My advisor is Prof. Indranil Gupta .
My research interests are primarily in distributed systems. Recently, I have been working on scheduling problems in Apache Heron.
Before coming to UIUC, I completed my undergraduate education at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, NUST in Pakistan.
When I am not working, I like to spend my time reading. Check out my ever-growing reading list for 2018 here!
Meezan: Stream Processing as a Service
To simplify deployment of stream processing jobs on cloud services, we build Meezan that presents novice users of stream processing systems with a range of deployment options per job. Each option has a different cost where costlier options satisfy more tightly constrained service level objectives.
Kaizen: Building a Performant Blockchain System Verified for Consensus and Integrity
Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design (FMCAD) 2019 [pdf]
Caladrius: A Performance Modelling Service for Distributed Stream Processing Systems
IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, 2019 [pdf]
Henge: Intent-Driven Multi-Tenant Stream Processing
CRATER: A crowd sensing application to estimate road conditions
IEEE Access 4, 2016 [pdf]
Bené: On Demand Cost-Effective Scaling at the Edge
Awards and Honors
- Sohaib and Sara Abbasi Fellowship, Fall 2015 – Spring 2020
- Invited to Facebook’s Women in Research Lean In Event, Fall 2019
- Invited to attend the Rising Stars in EECS workshop at UIUC, Fall 2019
- Mavis Future Faculty Fellowship awarded by the UIUC College of Engineering, Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- Recipient of travel funding from CS@Illinois to attend the Grace Hopper Conference, 2019
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award awarded by CS@Illinois, Fall 2018
- Recipient of the Usenix Student Grant, ATC 2017 and travel funding for SoCC 2018
- Selected to join Tau Beta Pi, the oldest engineering honor society in the US, Fall 2015 - Present
- NUST-SEECS Open House Winner in Software Engineering, 2015
- Recipient of President’s Gold Medal for academic excellence in undergraduate studies, 2015
- NUST Scholarship for all semesters since admission in undergraduate studies, Fall 2011 – Fall 2014
Designed by W3layouts